baslinux - Re: [BL] Glibc version (again)

  • From: Matrix Mole <matrixm AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Glibc version (again)
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 19:53:45 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 23 May 2004, Sindi Keesan wrote:

> I think that is correct. I also think someone in the group wrote in that
> upgrading to 2.3.x caused them some problems. Since it is difficult if
> not impossible to downgrade again, is there some way you can first do this
> on a test setup rather than your primary BL2 computer?

I wish I did have a test system to use as opposed to my primary BL system.
Will have to wait until august when financial aid for school arrives
before getting another computer though :)

> What do you need 2.3.2 for?

Well, with what Ive gathered, the problems I was having with that
newsgroup software I was trying to use are known problems in some older
versions of glibc. I know that it requires glibc.so seperate (due to
errors I had prior to installing glibc.so from SW71). Unfortunately, I
never heard anything back from any of the support locations for the
software (author, yahoo group, newsgroups themselves). So I'm on my own on
this one it would appear.

I'm also considering installing and using bittorrent for slack from SW91
as well. I don't know about its library dependencies though, although I
believe it requires python before I can use it (so something else I may
have to install).

What kind of problems have been reported or have people had with the
installation of a new glibc.so?

--
Matrix Mole
matrixm AT sdf.lonestar.org