baslinux - Re: [BL] Glibc version (again)

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Glibc version (again)
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 12:17:58 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 23 May 2004, Matrix Mole wrote:

> I'm considering installing glibc.so from slack 9.1 (2.3.2). IIRC, that's
> all I need for the glibc libraries since I don't intend to do compiling at
> the moment correct? If I were to consider compiling, I'd have to install
> the full glibc.tgz correct?

I think that is correct. I also think someone in the group wrote in that
upgrading to 2.3.x caused them some problems. Since it is difficult if
not impossible to downgrade again, is there some way you can first do this
on a test setup rather than your primary BL2 computer?

What do you need 2.3.2 for?