baslinux - Re: [BL] repartitioning for linux?

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] repartitioning for linux?
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 21:49:37 -0400 (EDT)

I found this at zeleps.com, 97K DOS file, PRESZ134.ZIP, and put it at
www.iamjlamb.com/~keesan/basiclinux.htm along with some other things I
have collected (compiled, or converted from deb packages). Have not tried
it.

Regarding CAD programs, I found a couple of large free ones (10MB or so):
Qcad - free source code, free demos for RH or SuSE 9 or Windows, small
charge for binaries that work more than 10 days. 2D CAD
FREEdraft - GPL

These are overkill for our purpose, drawing house plans. We are currently
using a nice shareware DOS program Microcad 4.15, $40 got us the latest
version and the older one was at simtel. It is about 40K.

I may have found something similar free for linux but larger:
Sketch-0.6.2-1 for RH 6.0 or SuSe or Debian of the same age (abandoned
project) which should work with BL2 if you add python 1.5.1. About 1.5M
download of two files, and add python.

Also ran across tgif for X11 2D drawing program under 1M source code.
Maybe Debian has it? Does slackware come with a drawing program that is
not really a painting program?