baslinux - Re: [BL] nasm

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] nasm
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 11:36:09 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004, Sheldon Isaac wrote:

> Sindi said:
> > My partner wrote a DOS text editor in a86 assembler
>
> Is there a URL where I can download that ready-to-use DOS editor?

Ready to use if you can figure it out from a brief help screen at:
stu.wccnet.org/~jdeigert.

This is an unpacked version (5.6K). He thinks he also posted the program
needed to pack it to 4K - let him know if you need it.

He says nasm compiles it to under 4K. He improved the code to make it
tighter as he was rewriting it so he can add more help or more features.
4K is a magic number of some sort for DOS (which uses 2 4K clusters for a
4.1K file).