baslinux - Re: [BL] repartitioning for linux?

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] repartitioning for linux?
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 09:59:25 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004, Sindi Keesan wrote:

> for linux and won't need DOS any more except for CAD. It does a lot more
> than e3, in less space, but is conspicuously lacking in documentation.
> Can do word wrap, import files, split screen, cut and paste, search and
> replace, work with other screen fonts, etc. Anyone want to try it?

I'd love to try it but my Linux experimentation time is so limited these
days I can't say when. But if he does manage to assemble it under Linux
and gets an installable package for it, please do post to the list about
it. I'll have to see what I can do about it then.

> Can anyone recommend a good small CAD program for linux which lets you
> zoom in to view details? With a way to print the output.

No. But I'm also interested to find out what's available for CAD under
Linux (for a friend who uses CAD). I've never used CAD before, so am
unable to evaluate properly any such software. But could you keep us
posted as to what you find and its capabilities?

Thanks, James