baslinux - Re: [BL] minimal X for BL2

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] minimal X for BL2
  • Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 08:48:14 +1200

Sindi Keesan wrote:

> alias o='Xvesa -screen 1024x768x16 &rxvt -e icewm &rxvt -e opera'

Both of those "rxvt -e" are unnecessary. Neither icewm nor
opera need an xterm to run it. They both run directly from X.

> (misc, probably what Steven chose for Bl3)

Nope. You can see exactly what I chose for BL3 by looking in
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts. BTW, the fonts I have in the misc
directory are not the fonts that Slackware puts in the misc
directory.

> and one set of truetype fonts ought to do it

I think you are confusing truetype with scalable.
Slackware provides scalable fonts, not truetype.

> You can also manage with just the Xvesa fonts if your eyes
> are good.

Why would you want to do that when a nice big font takes
just 2.7 kb of space?