baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 and window managers

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 and window managers
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 22:15:56 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004, Sindi Keesan wrote:

> > > Any idea what is going on with my cursor?
> >
> > Perhaps a different color scheme for rxvt would help?
> > BL2 uses: -bg black -cr green -fg white

I tried -bg black -cr green -fg yellow.
It is nice and legible but this did not fix the cursor problem.

I type e3pi. I see a green cursor at lower left where I am supposed to
type in the file name. I type the file name and hit Enter and there is no
longer any cursor. I type for a while without a cursor then hit Ctrl-X
and at screen bottom I see Save yn and now the cursor has appeared where
it should be (in the main screen above). In the meantime, between when I
hit Enter after file name and when I hit Ctrl-X it was invisible. I can
try this again in BL2 with Xvesa tomorrow. I don't recall any problem
using the X server (S3) method.

I don't need to use e3pi from X, but if I use Kermit from X in order to
dial or telnet to a shell account and have a scroll buffer then I cannot
have a cursor in pico. Perhaps I can set up pine with a different editor
instead. Also lynx (for webmail). I could try joe.

I got out of X to telnet and use Pico to write this mail. The cursor is
the usual blinking underline, not the steady square of X.