baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 and window managers

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 and window managers
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 13:28:54 +1300

Sindi Keesan wrote:

> Could I instead put four rxvt's into .xinitrc and start
> whatever applications I wanted from them, using Alt-Tab
> to go between the rxvt's?

Yes.

> I edited menu.sh and removed -popup, and added an xterm/rxvt
> line above the existing one and identical to it except for 87x38.

Two xterm entries in the menu? Why?

> I typed startx and the menu now includes ONLY xterm and a
> white blank space below it that I can arrow to. What might
> I have done wrong to mess up the menu?

Most likely a syntax error of some sort. Perhaps you are
missing the closing '

> exec MENU -teleport \
> 'xterm ...87x38 ... \
> 'xterm ... \

Without the complete lines, I can't diagnoze a syntax error.

> > It relies on an external application which then displays
> > in either SVGAlib or X (depending on which application).
>
> zgv does not use either, it uses a bunch of other libraries.

If think if you look carefully, you will see that one of those
libraries is SVGAlib (libvga).

> > What is happening now? Do you get a non-bold rendition?
> > Or nothing at all?
>
> non-bold.

Could be worse.

> I have numbered them so I can find them when they are not bold.

I thought you always numbered them for easy selection.

> Another solution might be to use colors in lynx.

Sounds like a good way to go.