baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 and window managers

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 and window managers
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 14:37:49 +1300

Sindi Keesan wrote:

> Any idea what is going on with my cursor?

Perhaps a different color scheme for rxvt would help?
BL2 uses: -bg black -cr green -fg white

> Steven why could I not have two sizes of xterm in the
> menu without losing everything in the menu after the
> first one?

It was probably a syntax error or layout problem. When the
menu routine hits an error, it ignores the remaining items
and displays whatever it has of the menu. When setting up
BL3, I had this happen several times (from my own syntax
errors). There was, however, one particularly difficult
one to figure out: when moving whole lines around the menu,
I triggered something (line wrapping?) that stopped the menu
routine reading beyond that line. This was fixed by using
the backspace to drag the beginning of the suspect line back
up to the end of the previous line and pressing ENTER.

> Am I not allowed to name them both the same way as xterm?

I wouldn't expect duplicate names in the menu to be a problem,
but I could be wrong.

> It might be helpful to have a choice of two sizes of xterm,

You've got to be joking. It is easy for mouse-users to resize
the window to anything they want. Alternatively, the geometry
paramater can be edited in the menu (even from the CLI).

> except that I still dont have any cursor when using e3pi

This is your nonstandard keyboard right? Xvesa drives the
keyboard. It might be that Xvesa doesn't accommodate a keyboard
like yours. Or, perhaps, there is an Xvesa parameter to address
that issue.

You might get further with this particular issue if you do a
google search or enquire in a discussion group where there is
a broader spectrum of users.

> or pico in X.

Pico? Are you running pico on BL3? Or are you talking about
losing your *remote* cursor?