baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3-01.zip

  • From: Ken Martwick <kenm AT efn.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3-01.zip
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 15:54:59 -0800 (PST)

The attachment include transcript.0. It would seem that the
connection is made but "pppd" is not negotiating successfully.
Could I need another version of pppd?
Ken

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> Ken Martwick wrote:
> >
> > I have had no success connecting to the internet with eznet.
>
> How far do you get? Can you hear it dial and then connect?
> What does /var/eznet/transcript.0 say?
>
> Cheers,
> Steven
>
>This is a diagnostic log of the most recent login
attempt by eznet.

Call Initiated: Tue Mar 16 14:56:31 2004

The UNIX command used to initiate the connection attempt was:

/usr/sbin/pppd /dev/ttyS2 57600 connect '/usr/bin/eznet chat 0' defaultroute
lock modem mtu 552 mru 552 debug crtscts -detach idle 300 user
sfb86229 AT world.net remotename x0

The interaction with the modem was as follows:

56:32.503 Send: "atz\r"
56:32.600 Skip: "\272\372 CARRIER\r\n"
56:33.100 Recv: "atz\r"
56:33.600 Skip: "\r\n"
56:34.100 Recv: "OK\r\n"
56:34.100 Send: "at&d3\r"
56:34.300 Skip: "at&d3\r\r\n"
56:34.800 Recv: "OK\r\n"
56:34.800 Match: "OK"
56:34.800 Send: "atd6844070\r"
56:35.400 Recv: "atd6844070\r"
57:08.300 Skip: "\r\n"
57:08.800 Recv: "CONNECT 14400/ARQ\r\n"
57:08.800 Match: "CONNECT"
57:08.800 Accept

The following messages were written to the system log
(in /var/log/messages) by pppd as it attempted to negotiate
a PPP connection. Details may be omitted by clearing the
"debug=y" property.