baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3-01 preliminary report

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3-01 preliminary report
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 14:56:37 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> > going (adding a PCMCIA package
>
> It has always been my intention that BL3 should come with
> PCMCIA capability. However, it will take trial & error
> to come up with the best combination of bits to include.
> Hopefully, some of you will be able to help. So, I released
> 3.0 (without PCMCIA) and we can use that as a test platform
> for PCMCIA. Once we have worked out to get PCMCIA going with
> the smallest footprint, I will add it to the base and release
> BL 3.1

Would the PCMCIA package come from Slack 7.1 or Slack 4.0? pcmcia.tgz
from 7.1 (a11) is 601KB, while the one from 4.0 is 465KB. And I suppose
tcpip1.tgz is going to be needed as well, as it was for BL2? I recall it
needing several commands not included in busybox, or it not being
satisfied with the busybox versions. Not sure when I might do some
testing with it, but I might find some time and energy in the next couple
of weeks.

James