baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3-01 preliminary report

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3-01 preliminary report
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 16:26:11 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> > Would the PCMCIA package come from Slack 7.1 or Slack 4.0?
>
> Neither. We need modules from 7.1 (pcmcia_core, ds, etc.),

How to know which modules? Start with those that seem most likely and
trial and error it out from there?

> cardmgr from 4.0, and a card database (as small and as
> up-to-date as possible).

And the card database will be gleaned from a newer release of modules,
to include those that are most common?

> > And I suppose tcpip1.tgz is going to be needed as well
>
> Hopefully, not. It's possible we might need an additional
> bit or two, but I hope to avoid wholesale additions. My
> intention is to slim PCMCIA down to the essentials (similar
> to what I did with X).

Starting pcmcia services under BL2 invoked several commands (5, as I
recall) that were not satisfied - either because they were just missing
from the system, or because fuller versions were needed. How do you plan
on getting around that? Will the pcmcia package we're cobbling together
obviate some of those commands?

James