baslinux - Re: +[SurvPC] Re: [BL] Communications program

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: +[SurvPC] Re: [BL] Communications program
  • Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 17:59:02 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> Sindi Keesan wrote:
> >
> > Or use lynx in /tmp and access webmail, which links won't
> > do without ssl.
>
> There is a static version of links-ssl that you might be
> interested in. It will probably work on BL1/BL2/BL3.
> The executable is only 402kb (UPX compressed). You will
> find it here (with lots of other static goodies):
> ftp://foobar.math.fu-berlin.de:2121/pub/dietlibc/bin-i386/links-ssl
>
> Cheers,
> Steven

This sounds wonderful, thanks!
Is there room in BL3 for links-ssl? I have not been using links because
it won't work at websites which require logins, such as my bbs or my
webmail.

The translation agency that was supposed to send the files that I was
going to try to download using Bl2 decided to fax them. First they sent
me 10 low-res tiffs, then when I (again) requested pdf or gif, they send
me a .dat file, which I have never heard of before but may have something
to do with scanning photos to digital format. I turned down the offer of
jpegs. I am hoping for something readable (scanned documents).
Anyone know what a .dat file is, in the context of scanners? Is there
some linux program that can handle it?