baslinux - [BL] plip problems

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] plip problems
  • Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 19:35:30 -0500 (EST)

I was able to transfer files from computer A to computer B (new linux
installation) via plip with no problems.

I then took computer B to computer C (my original linux computer) and
tried to send from C to B with plip:
nc: Connect: connection refused

I took computer B back to computer A and now computer A also refused the
connection, repeatedly.

Computer C also won't send to computer D and I think it used to do so.

Is there some configuration file associated with plip which does not like
it if you change from one pair of computers to another?

I had another pair of computers that worked together at first, but then
after I transferred from one of them to another, the first pair no longer
worked. I even tried directly from the ramdisk linuxes on both of them.

I may give up and try kermit serial transfer, but that it slower.