baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 00:13:49 -0500 (EST)

> The modules in BL1 are 2.0.34. BL2 uses a 2.2.16 kernel,
> so the modules need to be 2.2.16. That includes the
> slhc and ppp modules.
>
> When you insmod, it looks in the directory matching the kernel.
> In BL1 the module directory is: /lib/modules/2.0.34/misc
> In BL2 the module directory is: /lib/modules/2.2.16/misc
>
> Cheers,
> Steven

I booted BL1 with the BL2 kernel.

I copied the two modules for the BL2 (Sw71) kernel to the proper location
and did insmod for both, then eznet up 0.

This time it made the usual dialing noises, waited a few seconds, and told
me: Service #0 - pppd failure.
I did this again with the same results.

I booted BL1 with BL1 kernel and was able to dial and connect.

I tried the hybrid again twice, would not connect.

I am connected again using BL1 with BL1 kernel. It always works.

Now what? Is there maybe a timing problem? These seem to be two rather
different versions of ppp.o, larger for SW71 than SW35. Could I try
changing anything in the eznet configuration file?

I am using a laptop 486 75MHz with 24M RAM and an external 33K USR
Sportster modem.

Would someone else please try lynx on BL1, or BL1 with BL2 kernel and
modules and eznet? I don't need it to work. I have been trying to test
it for the benefit of BL1 users. I have an older lynx compiled for SW32
that works fine.

Sindi Keesan