baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 14:58:39 +1300

Sindi Keesan wrote:

> I hope the wallpaper does not waste a lot of bytes.

Don't worry. The wallpaper files are very small.

> Does it have some advantage over zgv,

Two important advantages:
(1) It is half the size of zgv.
(2) zgv requires SVGAlib (which BL3 does not have).

> Are you planning on using the graphical links in BL3,

No that's way too big.

> and if not, will there be enough RAM to run links 0.93
> and xli together?

Yes. I've configured links to add as an image browser
(as well as an HTML browser and local file browser).

> Can you recommend any, even large ones, to use with lynx and BL2?

I use sylpheed on BL2. But it requires some extra libs.

> > You could try booting BL1 with the BL2 kernel
> > and you would get a pretty good idea.
>
> I tried this and I think the modules used for pppsetup
> in BL1 are not compatible with the BL2 kernel.

The modules in BL1 are 2.0.34. BL2 uses a 2.2.16 kernel,
so the modules need to be 2.2.16. That includes the
slhc and ppp modules.

> what can I do to fix it?

Use BL2 modules with the BL2 kernel.

> Do I also need to copy over any SW71 module(s) and load
> them before dialing? insmod slhc insmod ppp - anything
> else?

Not for ppp.

> (I would rename them to keep them separate from those for BL1).

When you insmod, it looks in the directory matching the kernel.
In BL1 the module directory is: /lib/modules/2.0.34/misc
In BL2 the module directory is: /lib/modules/2.2.16/misc