baslinux - Re: [BL] Internet problems

  • From: Matrix Mole <matrixm AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Internet problems
  • Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 00:40:55 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004, Ken Martwick wrote:

> I have recently changed ISPs and lost use of a shell account for email
> at almost the same time. With the new ISP, web access is not predictable;
> most of the URL's in the BasicLinux hotlist can be reached, but many
> others cannot. Attempting to use the mail program gives me a "No num-
> erical IP address associated with pop.efn.org. This seems to be a DNS
> lookup problem, but Slackware 8.1 works well on my PC, but not on the
> one my wife is using. Does anyone have a suggestion?
> Ken Martwick

Well if you have access to the net in gneral then you could try SDF (URL
in my sig). They provide free shell accounts. They chareg a menial $1
activation fee. Most of what you'd want to do through the shell may not be
available. Also, SDF has dial-up accounts (don't know cost or locations
off-hand). I'd reccommend looking into them.

Matrix Mole
matrixm AT sdf.lonestar.org