baslinux - Re: [BL] Re: Please tell me about BL3

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Re: Please tell me about BL3
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 15:53:22 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> > > You simply change the name to e3vi.

I copied e3pi to e3vi on BL1 and it works as e3vi (I get a list of vi
commands).

But what I am trying to dois make e3pi work and for that I seem to need
/usr/bin/tail.

BL1 has a busybox tail. Copying the link from tail to busybox into
/usr/bin/ gave me a tail that was 114K long and may be busybox itselfand
it didnot work.

If I do not have a BL1-variety tail in /bin/tail, and I try to run e3pi
(which I compiled)

Cannot decompress /usr/local/bin/e3pi.

I have no trouble running the e3vi which I made by copying e3pi to e3vi.

How do I get the busybox tail to work so I can decompress e3pi, and how do
I point it to work as /bin/tail?

If I add the proper tail to /bin from txtutils both BL1 and BL2 will run
e3pi. If I don't, I can use the other e3s but not e3pi.

I first renamed the tail Ihad added and e3pi did not work, thenI tried to
make a symlink from busybox tail to /bin/tail. Maybe I did this wrong?