baslinux - Re: [BL] Re: Please tell me about BL3

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Re: Please tell me about BL3
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 11:59:57 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> Sindi Keesan wrote:
> >

> > e3-2.43 downloaded a couple of days ago. Maybe they
> > added something to this version that requires tail?
>
> Am I correct that you compiled it yourself? Perhaps you
> did something wrong that made tail necessary?

I compiled it after reading all the instructions. I used the echo in bash
by editing the Makefile SHELL=/bin/bash. I did make test and it passed
the test. Are we using the same version?

> > I could not make the pi version work in either bl1 or
> > bl2 without the pertinent tail, in the right place.
>
> My version works in both BL1 and BL2 without tail.

What version did you use? How would changing the name from e3 to e3pi
make it give you a different help screen? I will try doing this in BL1.

> > Try my package without tail using e3pi.
>
> Why would I want to try a bad version of e3pi when I have
> a good version?

Because I am trying everything you ask me to try to get the 2-floppy
disk thing working and it would not take you long. Just untar it in /tmp
and type e3pi and see if it works there. Maybe you already had tail on
your computer? It is from txtutils. BL1 may have had tail already - if
so I overwrote it when I installed my package. Don't just change e3 to
e3pi, use the e3pi that I sent.

> > How do you make e3pi do e3vi?
>
> You simply change the name to e3vi.

Do you mean you type e3vi and it uses the e3vi that was compiled, or you
rename e3 to e3vi?