baslinux - Re: [BL] Re: Please tell me about BL3

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Re: Please tell me about BL3
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 21:30:37 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> Sindi Keesan wrote:
> >
> > But what I am trying to dois make e3pi work and for
> > that I seem to need /usr/bin/tail.
>
> You don't need /usr/bin/tail. You need a correctly
> compiled version of e3.

Could you possibly compile it yourself and see if you can get e3pi to work
without installing tail from txtutils? I think I followed all the
instructions. The busybox tail is not working for me here. My e3pi works
fine when I rename it to e3vi. All but e3pi work fine without tail. You
did not include e3pi in BL1. I think I tried renaming e3 to e3pi and it
won't work without tail. Do you have an e3pi that you got when you
compiled and if so please try it out without tail, or with busybox
tail in the right place (linked), thanks.

I like e3pi. It also lets you delete one word at a time, and delete to
beginning or end of line, as well as moving around one word at a time and
going to start and end of the file, which nano/pico don't. Probably plain
e3 would do that too but I am not used to Wordstar commands.

> > How do I get the busybox tail to work
>
> If you need tail to be located in /usr/bin
> cd /usr/bin
> ln -s /bin/busybox/busybox tail

That is what I did. I renamed the tail that worked (from txtutils) and
linked to busybox tail and it does not work.

e3pi (the one I compiled)
/usr/bin/tail: Not a directory
gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
Cannot decompress usr/local/bin/e3pi