baslinux - Re: [BL] Re: Please tell me about BL3

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: Ian Scott <mriscott AT yahoo.co.uk>
  • Cc: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Re: Please tell me about BL3
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 11:09:14 -0500 (EST)

I have tested out e3~ (same as e3 and e3ws so I did not include them) and
e3vi and e3em (emacs) and e3ne (Nedit) and they all work. I don't know if
they use tail. e3ws did not need it.

I repackaged with all of these and also included in /docs README and
Changelog (11K and 43K files) and omitted the copyright stuff. I included
(again) tail - 24K - for BL2 and also made a copy of sed as /bin/sed
(otherwise the user needs to copy it from /usr/bin/sed or wherever BL2 has
sed - which for some people may be just in busybox) which adds another
45K, and it is now 173K package. Plain e3 is just 9K and it is all you
need if you just want to do the wordstar mode.

Posted at www.usol.com/~keesan/e3-bl2.tgz.
Too large to attach to a mail list email.
To use this package with BL1 change the tail and sed to the BL1 versions,
and it should all work there too.
Please let me know if it works and then can James please post at his site.

Read README to learn how to compile a different default by editing e3.h
with a different DEFAULT_MODE (for instance e3 will get you pico mode
instead of wordstar mode). You can edit a file up to 100K if you do not
specify the filename when starting, or up to twice the size of the file if
you do specify the file name (2M files are possible).

There is supposedly a way to switch between modes while running the
program - read README as I could not figure it out. ^KM - ws, ^QM - pico.
I started with e3em and was unable to switch but perhaps you need to
recompile to do that????

The source code is something like e3-2.43.tar.gz and is available online.
It contains information on compiling for various BSDs, DOS, Win9x,
embedded linux, ELKS, armlinux (what are these?) etc.