baslinux - [BL] Re: Please tell me about BL3

  • From: Ernesto Celis <celise AT prodigy.net.mx>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: 3aoo-cvfd AT sea.sapmcon.org
  • Subject: [BL] Re: Please tell me about BL3
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 03:15:09 -0600

> > I visited the BasicLinux Home Page a few minutes ago
> > and I found no info there about BL3.
>
> We've only just started talking about it. It's still
> several weeks away from anything substantial. Which
> means: if you have any strong preferences, one way or
> the other, now is the time to speak before the concrete
> sets.

I found very tedious the configuration of my latin-american keyboard
every time I made a new BL HD install, I did some modifications to the
baslinux.gz, one of these is the inclusion of kbd.tgz package from the
slakware/a8 directory, that way every time I install BL just have to add
a line in rc.S to load my keymap at boot time. I like to see that change
in the install script for BL3, thougt this could be usefull for others
too.