baslinux - Re: [BL] Sound in BL2

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Sound in BL2
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 22:41:08 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004, Ron Clarke wrote:

> Hi Sindi,
>
> On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 21:44:27 -0500 (EST)
> Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com> wrote:
>

> > I am really after Realaudio.
>
> Then you will have to install the RealPlayer8 - no other choice.
>
> Put it into /usr/local/RealPlayer8/ and set the icewm menu with the full
> path.

By 'put it into' do you mean to just copy over the large .bin file there?
I think I tried to just run it from whatever directory it was in, in X,
without specifying the path. I typed this in an xterm. (Xvesa also needs
the full path specified.) I only got 'segmentation fault' when I did
that. I will try the full path. Does the .bin file self-extract?

> I have even gotten Links.2.1.9.static to use it as a plugin, as well as
> emelFM File Manager (from Deli).

Exciting - a Realplayer that can be used from console mode!