baslinux - Re: [BL] printing with lpr

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] printing with lpr
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 17:56:30 -0500 (EST)

> > Do I need to modify printcap before ghostscript will work?
>
> You need to tell lpd (via printcap) to filter ps files
> through ghostscript. Most linux applications output ps.

I was trying to print a .pdf not a .ps file.
Someone said to type the line that works in DOS and then add |lpr - is
this not likely to work? How do I tell lpd to filter pdf files through
ghostscript?

I have to do two translations before playing with printers for a while but
will get to it in a few days. I am about to test whether the Antiword
0.34 that I just compiled will work on a real WORD file. The author
writes me that the latest version is now 0.35.