baslinux - Re: [BL] printing with lpr

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] printing with lpr
  • Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 19:36:28 -0500 (EST)

I have the same problem trying to use wp to print after copying the
document to /tmp/document. It feeds a sheet of paper through the printer.

We have been using this as a DOS printer. To test that nothing broke
recently I used a text editor to type one line and tried to print that in
DOS. Instead of the file I had written in DOS, the DOS text editor printed
the file that I had been trying to send the printer with linux. I sent it
many times with linux. It printed once. So it did get as far as the
printer, somehow. The DOS file did not print at all.

Is this a non-linux printer? HPDeskjet 540.

One easy solution is to copy anything I want to print to a DOS directory
first and print with DOS. Any other ideas?