baslinux - Re: [BL] Ted problems

  • From: Day Brown <daybrown AT hypertech.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Ted problems
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 18:48:18 -0800

James Miller wrote:

> > > I have. Twice. Earlier this year (on BL2) and a couple of
> > > years ago (an older version on BL1). AbiWord is far superior.
> > But only available as an .rpm
> > I think I need .deb
>
> Yer system uses .deb's? Why in the heck aren't you using apt-get to get
> the stuff you need, then? It would be slow over dialup, but it's the best
> package management system I've come across.
Cause the only time I logged into debian.org or whatever it was, the
servers were down.
I understand this, being a volunteer organization without sufficient
funding....
And getting back just now from http://www.debian.org -I see the message
that the server is down. I dunno if I am just lucky, or they've been out
for a while now.