b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] A different generation of biblical scholarship

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] A different generation of biblical scholarship
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 17:59:23 -0800

Lloyd:

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 3:55 PM, LM Barre <l_barre AT yahoo.com> wrote:

> A futile discussion. Please leave off from posting to me.
>
> Lloyd Barré

There's a local radio talk show host who talks about people whose motto is,
"Don't confuse me with the facts, I want to believe what I want to believe."
and I don't remember who it was who said, "You have a right to your own
opinion, but not to your own facts." So as long as you insist on posting
statements supported only by your private, religious faith, do I not have
the right to ask to see if you have any objective facts to back up your
statements? And if you don't have any, to request that you refrain from
making personal faith statements on this forum?

FYI, in case you don't know it, Secular Humanism is widely recognized as a
religion with its own theology. Is your denial of that fact based on
ignorance, or wishful thinking?

Karl W. Randolph.