b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] midwives

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Dave Washburn <dwashbur AT nyx.net>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] midwives
  • Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 21:11:39 -0700

Actually, I'm not sure we can really consider this a criticism of the
Egyptian
women anyway. They didn't say the Hebrew women were superior or that the
Egyptian women were inferior, they merely said the Hebrew women were
different and delivered their babies faster than Egyptian women. That hardly
seems like a slam to me.