b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] naming formula (was midwives)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "B. M. Rocine" <brocine AT twcny.rr.com>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] naming formula (was midwives)
  • Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 14:24:20 -0500

Hi Yitzhak,

You ask about the naming of Merav and Michal in 1Sa 14:49.

The rule I am proposing is for when a narrator introduces people or things into the plotline. So 1Sa 14:49 doesn't count. The plotline of this episode is about Saul. Michal and Merav are mentioned only as side information about Saul. They do not participate in the plotline of this episode.

I am not trying to dodge you, only clarify what I'm talking about.

Shalom,
Bryan