b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] midwives

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Steve Miller" <smille10 AT sbcglobal.net>
  • To: "'b-hebrew'" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] midwives
  • Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 21:32:56 -0500

Yigal wrote:
>In any case, the fact that the only worthy Hebrews or decent
>Egyptians were women is, I'm sure, significant.

In this dark time, 1:15 - 2:10, the only people God used were females:
-the 2 midwives risking their lives to save the Hebrew babies 1:15-21
-Moses' mother hiding Moses & putting him in the ark (father not mentioned)
-Moses' sister Miriam keeping watch over Moses (brother Aaron not mentioned)
-Pharoah's daughter having compassion on Moses
-Miriam getting Pharoah's daughter to hire Moses' mother to nurse him

-Steve Miller