b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] LORD

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Awohili AT aol.com
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] LORD
  • Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 13:03:39 EST

The message below was for Rolf, who I am not, but after 40 years of reading
the Hebrew Bible I cannot help but notice the tetragrammaton thousands of
times in the text, and wonder just how it should be pronounced. Also, why,
if it is irrelevant and unworthy of consideration, it is there in the Hebrew
Bible in the first place.

I respect the opinion of those who think too much time is spent on this. I,
however, think that the subject does not get enough real research. It is,
after all, God's own Name, if the Bible is to be believed. Somehow, I am
pursuaded thereby that this must be important.

Solomon Landers