b-hebrew - Re: Child theme in Isaiah 6-12

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Ian Hutchesson" <mc2499 AT mclink.it>
  • To: "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Child theme in Isaiah 6-12
  • Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 21:02:53 +0100

Here is what I said to Jonathan, Peter:

>I was talking about texts and the fact that those "prophetic" books we knew
>for sure about were vaticinio ex eventu, and extrapolating from there.

Tbose "prophetic" books we knew for sure about were Daniel and 1 Enoch as I
had previously stated. I give as fact their use of vaticinio ex eventu.

The extrapolation was from these books to Isaiah: as those books I can be
sure about used vaticinio ex eventu, we have a fair case for Isaiah using it
as well.

I don't see what your problem could be.

Ian