b-hebrew - Re: Child theme in Isaiah 6-12

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Ian Hutchesson" <mc2499 AT mclink.it>
  • To: "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Child theme in Isaiah 6-12
  • Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 23:52:49 +0100

Peter wrote:

>The Shear-Jashub prophecies of 10:20-23 must refer to a relatively distant
>future, a time when Israel will return after being struck down or exiled
>(see also 11:10-12).

Aren't all these prophecies vaticinio ex eventu, as the status quo suggests,
given 1 Enoch and Daniel?

Ian

[Historical note on Dan 5: this text is unaware of the fact that Belshazzar
died a day or so before the fall of Babylon in the battle of Opis and that
the actual king, Nabonidas, had returned to Babylon.]