b-hebrew - RE: Child theme in Isaiah 6-12

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Peter Kirk" <Peter_Kirk AT sil.org>
  • To: "Ian Hutchesson" <mc2499 AT mclink.it>, "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Child theme in Isaiah 6-12
  • Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 22:57:52 -0000

I'm not sure I understand you here. But do you mean that "vaticinium ex
eventu" is just a matter of the reader's perceptions? On that definition,
the Isaiah passage is "vaticinium ex eventu" to you but not to me, no
argument. But scholarship needs something rather less subjective to work on.

Peter Kirk