b-hebrew - Re: Child theme in Isaiah 6-12

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Ian Hutchesson" <mc2499 AT mclink.it>
  • To: "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Cc: "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Child theme in Isaiah 6-12
  • Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 11:45:50 +0100

>Ian, you are back to your old "if" trick, plus calling your unproven
>hypothesis a "fact".

I presuppose given the vast amount of evidence that Daniel was written
centuries after the time it purports to represent. If it had been written at
that time, it couldn't have got so many things wrong. Therefore I take it as
reasonably certain that Daniel is vaticinio ex eventu (except for the last
parts of some of the visions in 7-12). No if here. The if was about Isaiah
following the tradition.

Ian