b-hebrew - Re: Re[2]: FW: Just a clarification

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Banyai Michael" <banyai AT t-online.de>
  • To: b-hebrew
  • Subject: Re: Re[2]: FW: Just a clarification
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 13:46:14

Ian Charles Hutchesson wrote:

> (His chronology has been falsified. And here's yet another example: the
> marriage between 'Ammishtamru II of Ugarit and the daughter of Benteshina
> of
> Amurru was "ratified" by Tudkhaliya IV the well-known Hittite king of
> Ramses
> II's time. We also have a communication that places Tukulti-ninurta I at
> the
> same time! There are other indications from Ugarit, a city destroyed by the
> sea peoples.)

You are right. This chronological reduction could "function" only if about
350 years of the Assyrian chronology were also bended up to maintain all
known synchronisms.
However you should notice that also the first airplane prototypes in the
late 19-th century didn´t fly and their inventors died crushed.
Retrospectvely they are right and they smile all dressed festively on the
7-th cloud. Just a little unaccuracy...

Best regards,

PS could I beg you two to find to a more productive subject?

Bányai Michael