b-hebrew - Re: Re[2]: FW: Just a clarification

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Ian Charles Hutchesson <MC2499 AT mclink.it>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Re[2]: FW: Just a clarification
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 19:21:02 +0100 (CET)

> Read Rohl's appendix where he addresses this evidence.

Sorry, Rohl's is just plain irrelevant until one can deal with the
falsification of the standard chronology. You've already said that he writes
that the chronological synchronization with the Assyrians is problematical.
You've also written about him tendentiously manipulating the evidence to
insert a name which is partially in a lacuna as significant to his
reconstruction of things in Assyria...

(His chronology has been falsified. And here's yet another example: the
marriage between 'Ammishtamru II of Ugarit and the daughter of Benteshina of
Amurru was "ratified" by Tudkhaliya IV the well-known Hittite king of Ramses
II's time. We also have a communication that places Tukulti-ninurta I at the
same time! There are other indications from Ugarit, a city destroyed by the
sea peoples.)

Ian