b-hebrew - Re[2]: Ethics of our Profession

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Peter Kirk"<peter_kirk AT sil.org>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re[2]: Ethics of our Profession
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 16:12:10 -0500

Dear Jonathan,

You wrote: "a distinction which could not have arisen before the
Josianic Reform of 621".

Why?

Please give arguments not from silence. Also bear in mind that there
is no a priori reason to assume that the surviving accounts of the
Josianic reform are more reliable than those of the giving of the
Pentateuch.

Peter Kirk