b-hebrew - FW: Just a clarification

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Niels Peter Lemche <npl AT teol.ku.dk>
  • To: 'Peter Kirk' <peter_kirk AT sil.org>
  • Cc: "'b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu'" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: FW: Just a clarification
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 23:32:24 +0100

and finally, Peter you are not addressing the evidence presented, you are
constantly evading a discussion about the data presented. I do not know why.
Maybe you simple have made up your mind. I will attack you in person, why
should I, but I still you continuously evading a discussion of the data. How
can you bypass synchronisms presented by letters exchanged between perosns
who are crucial for establishing the chronology?

As to the other mail about Saul and Lab'ayu: Why Saul? Why not Jeroboam? At
least you have the seal of Shema the servant of Jeroboam with a well-known
imprint of a lion. Why not--when you are at it-- identify Jeroboam with
Lab'ayu? They both had something to do with Shechem. I am of course joking,
but I really see more evidence here than for Rohl's ideas.

NPL