sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Developers up for removal

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Developers up for removal
  • Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 07:09:51 -0500

On 4/7/2010 11:16 PM, flux wrote:
> This list includes both general developers that are (according to
> grimoire commits only) up for removal, as well as leads that would get
> downgraded (also according to grimoire commits only).
>
> Developers whose names are preceded by '??' are not yet up for removal,
> but will be soon as of the date given in parentheses following their
> name (take this as a reminder to get some commits in ;) ). Developers
> whose names are preceded by '**' have, to my knowledge, voluntarily left
> the project and, again to my knowledge, do not necessarily intend to
> return. All other developers (whose names are preceded by '--') are
> definitely up for removal (based solely on grimoire commits).
>
> These results are not final -- they are only the result of initial
> research against the grimoire repository only. Developers who have done
> work in other components are subject to other requirements.
>
> Here is the list, starting with leads, then general:
> ??Robin Cook (Jul 18)
> **Juuso Alasuutari
> --Elisamuel Resto
>
> ??Martin Spitzbarth (Aug 29)
> ??Seth Woolley (May 31)
> **Mathieu Lonjaret
> --Colin Childs
> --Dale E. Edmons
> --Daniel Goller
> --Dave Josephsen
> --David C. Haley
> --Ivan Lezhnjov Jr.
> --Jeremy Kajikawa Belxjander
> --John Harding
> --Juan Carlos Torres
> --Karsten Behrmann
> --Lalo Martins
> --Lubomir Blaha
> --Paul Beel
> --Paul Mahon
> --Pieter Lenaerts
> --Terry Ross

I believe Jucato did the theme for the website, so he's probably good.

David Haley has updated his own page on the wiki, not removing his
general guru status, but I don't see anything else in the history. Of
course, he'd updated his status from "Being deployed in Iraq," to being
back in Texas.

Elisamuel has been keeping up in the wiki too, I suppose the question
can be up to him if he still desires to be a lead developer.

I can get the history back to 2009-05-26, not quite a year...

So if I'm allowed to make executive decisions, I'd say Jucato gets to
stay on, based on contributions to the wiki. As for David Haley, I don't
think it'd be difficult to get him re-integrated should he still be
around and has a desire to contribute.

David