sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] openmotif

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Treeve Jelbert <treeve AT scarlet.be>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] openmotif
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 17:55:40 +0100

On Thursday 12 March 2009 16:52:40 Thomas Orgis wrote:
> A little update:
>
> I have locally a spell using a lesstif CVS snapshot now and some fixes as
> patches (many distro fixes went into CVS, actually). It works a bit better
> for nedit, but still has (even more severe) issues with menus, the known
> crashing on ESC and focus issues.
>
> I'll investigate further how usable lesstif can get... perhaps you can just
> try how your Citrix stuff works with lesstif to see a perspective (do you
> have the source? as it's not binary compatible). We still have the
> unfortunate situation that we have one non-free Motif that does not build
> anymore and one free Motif that builds but is severely buggy. Since I
> observed activity from last year in lesstif CVS, I got some hope that the
> project is not totally dead and one may even find someone caring for the
> major problems -- currently that's the plainly broken menu behaviour in
> nedit, at least.

Since I finished my last SAP contract, I no longer have a vaild login to a
SAP
system in order to test this. However you can down the Citrix tarball from

<http://www.citrix.com/site/SS/downloads/details.asp?dID=2755&downloadID=3323#top>

which at least will test the dynamic linkages with lesstif.

Unfortunately the Citrix stuff is binary only.

--
Regards, Treeve