sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] openmotif ... updating lesstif and nedit

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: flux <flux AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] openmotif ... updating lesstif and nedit
  • Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 18:35:34 -0400

Thomas Orgis (thomas-forum AT orgis.org) wrote [09.03.25 09:39]:
> > I don't see the harm in doing it that way, and
> > then you don't have to worry about breaking away from standard practice,
> > since that would be standard.
>
> Right, but the harm would be that the default is broken... unless we make
> the
> the devel version the default. Hm, that would be an option, wouldn't it?
>
> Use last official release version (buggy, outdated) instead of tested
> snapshot? [N/y]
>
> Would that fly (perhaps it's what you meant already)?
> Note that I would take the word for it... I'd be inclineed to remove the
> patches
> from "stable" lesstif that are not build fixes. Though perhaps people would
> like me to stop at the CAN-2005-0605 fix ... hm, perhaps I'd just leave it
> there.

I like that as a solution, especially since the "stable" version does
successfully build (even though it doesn't run properly). However, I'm
not particularly couched in any particular solution, so whatever is
deemed best is what should be done. I was just wondering if it might be
better to use the solution mentioned above, since that seems to be more
"standard practice" with how we do things.

--
Justin "flux_control" Boffemmyer
Cauldron wizard and general mage