sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] openmotif

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Thomas Orgis <thomas-forum AT orgis.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] openmotif
  • Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 16:52:40 +0100

A little update:

I have locally a spell using a lesstif CVS snapshot now and some fixes as
patches (many distro fixes went into CVS, actually).
It works a bit better for nedit, but still has (even more severe) issues with
menus, the known crashing on ESC and focus issues.

I'll investigate further how usable lesstif can get... perhaps you can just
try how your Citrix stuff works with lesstif to see a perspective (do you
have the source? as it's not binary compatible).
We still have the unfortunate situation that we have one non-free Motif that
does not build anymore and one free Motif that builds but is severely buggy.
Since I observed activity from last year in lesstif CVS, I got some hope that
the project is not totally dead and one may even find someone caring for the
major problems -- currently that's the plainly broken menu behaviour in
nedit, at least.

Alrighty then,

Thomas.