sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Anyone interested in a mlocate spell?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Eric Sandall" <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Anyone interested in a mlocate spell?
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 16:24:07 -0800

Quoting seth AT swoolley.homeip.net:
Findutils was there first.

Probably the best thing would be to make findutils install locate as
findutils-locate and then POST_INSTALL a symlink.

When mlocate or slocate are installed, set the correct symlink.

I think we should standardize on an answer that can be referred to as a
general policy. Normally we just set them as conflicting, but for
basesystem findutils, that's not doable, so we need to come to an
agreement that has to violate our principle of upstream sanctity one way
or the other.

Our accepted default would be findutils and it's locate.

-sandalle

http://eric.sandall.us/ | http://counter.li.org/ #196285