sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Anyone interested in a mlocate spell?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Eric Sandall" <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Anyone interested in a mlocate spell?
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 16:22:16 -0800

Forgot a step. :)

Quoting "Eric Sandall" <eric AT sandall.us>:
I see two options, in the order of my preference:

1. Use PROVIDES
Make a separate location spell that only installs locate from
Maybe call it locate, or findutils-locate (I prefer the former).

findutils (same SOURCE) and have it provide LOCATE
Have mlocate (and slocate, if we get it) provide LOCATE
Have findutils optionally depend on locate (systems can exist without it :))
Have locate, mlocate, and slocate all CONFLICT with each other

-sandalle

http://eric.sandall.us/ | http://counter.li.org/ #196285