sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Anyone interested in a mlocate spell?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Kevin Monceaux <Kevin AT RawFedDogs.net>
  • To: Source Mage Discuss Mailing List <SM-Discuss AT Lists.IBiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Anyone interested in a mlocate spell?
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 12:18:25 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008, flux wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't contact upstream first. SMGL is one of the few distros that tries to stay loyal to upstream.

Browsing through the findutils bug tracking system and bug mailing list archives I didn't see any requests for a way to disable building/installing locate and updatedb. I've filed a feature request bug requesting a configure option, such as --without-locate, be added. We'll see what happens.

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net
http://www.WacoAgilityGroup.org
Bruceville, TX