sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] i386 ISO

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Seth Alan Woolley <seth AT positivism.org>
  • To: Benoit PAPILLAULT <benoit.papillault AT sourcemage.org>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] i386 ISO
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 10:13:34 -0800

On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 06:53:53PM +0100, Benoit PAPILLAULT wrote:
> Andrew "ruskie" Levstik a écrit :
> >Whats this obsession with a nptl iso...
> >I think we should keep non-nptl...
>
> In fact, we need someone (Cauldron Team Lead?) to decide on what will be
> on the next ISO. Unet told me yesterday that he was going to post a
> message about it.

I'm just hoping for a modern mini-cdr version, since I have a hundred of
those CDs for the 1.0 release I'll throw around at OSDL and the various
public libraries.

> >But anyways I think this argument is atm irrelevant as the iso should
> >be improved first and there should be good sorcery support for
> >reincarnation...
>
> Yes. I asked too much about it up to annoy the sorcery team. Since they
> decided I'm not part of sorcery team (which is true), i cannot help and
> just have to wait. I did a small shell script to implement ressurect,
> but it's not part of sorcery.

I believe Andrew is working on a resurrect that is good enough for your
purposes but also integrated into sorcery. Resurrect support has always
been pretty mediocre.

> >I installed from 0.9.2 iso today and when I switched to udev
> >I still needed the boot cd to get it fixed...
>
> I casted init.d today and I end up with a "static" /dev configuration
> (udev seems to be the default). And since the static configuration does
> not mount /proc (mountall.sh), my ISO was not booting...

This is a bug that needs to be filed against the init.d spell which
provides mountall.sh, correct?

Seth

Key id EF10E21A = 36AD 8A92 8499 8439 E6A8 3724 D437 AF5D EF10 E21A
http://smgl.positivism.org:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xEF10E21A
Security Team Leader Source Mage GNU/Linux http://www.sourcemage.org