sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] i386 ISO

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Benoit PAPILLAULT <benoit.papillault AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] i386 ISO
  • Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 18:53:53 +0100

Andrew "ruskie" Levstik a écrit :
Whats this obsession with a nptl iso...
I think we should keep non-nptl...

In fact, we need someone (Cauldron Team Lead?) to decide on what will be on the next ISO. Unet told me yesterday that he was going to post a message about it.

But anyways I think this argument is atm irrelevant as the iso should
be improved first and there should be good sorcery support for
reincarnation...

Yes. I asked too much about it up to annoy the sorcery team. Since they decided I'm not part of sorcery team (which is true), i cannot help and just have to wait. I did a small shell script to implement ressurect, but it's not part of sorcery.

I installed from 0.9.2 iso today and when I switched to udev
I still needed the boot cd to get it fixed...

I casted init.d today and I end up with a "static" /dev configuration (udev seems to be the default). And since the static configuration does not mount /proc (mountall.sh), my ISO was not booting...

Benoit PAPILLAULT, ISO guru