sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Sorcery Busted? This is a new one,,,

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Bearcat M. Sandor" <Sorcerer AT TheDragonsEdge.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Sorcery Busted? This is a new one,,,
  • Date: 27 Jul 2002 01:25:08 -0600

Ok Folks,

As usual I need a little help. I was forced to shut down my system due
to a stuck key. 'H' all over my terminal. Unplugging the keyboard did nt
stop them. So I hit the power swutch. When i got back in Xfree86 woudl
not let me in via startx. So i recast Xfree86. It fixed a bunch of
missing files. Then i got into X and gnome2 no prob.

All;s well I thought. I tried to cast xscreensaver2, but tcl-tk coudl
not be found. Ok, I thought, I'll do a sorcery update and see if it;s
been added recently.

I did a sorcery update and got the following:

sorcery update
Updating, do not interrupt...
Please wait...
Unable to find spell on in /var/lib/sorcery/grimoire
Unable to find spell sorcery-sound in /var/lib/sorcery/grimoire

huh? so I went into my directory that hold the lastest verison od the
sorcery tar on the web and ran the 'install; script. then i tried an
update again like so:

root@linux:/home/bearcat/hold/sorcery# sh install
root@linux:/home/bearcat/hold/sorcery# sorcery update
Updating, do not interrupt...
Please wait...
Unable to find spell on in /var/lib/sorcery/grimoire
Unable to find spell sorcery-sound in /var/lib/sorcery/grimoire

Anyone have any idea what is going on?

Bearcat