sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] stable/testing branches

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Womack <eric AT lasvegasdata.com>
  • To: Phil/CERisE/KG6MBQ <cerise AT littlegreenmen.armory.com>
  • Cc: Ari Steinberg <ari.steinberg AT stanford.edu>, <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] stable/testing branches
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 21:12:39 -0700

> Sensible. I take it that new versions of the same software will
> propagate in like manner.
> One possible conundrum to be solved. Let's say I run devel for a
> day and have it update my current setup. Let's then say that I find
> that critical spells (for me) in devel are broken. If I then pull off
> the stable grimoire and run update, will it replace the things in devel
> with the versions in stable?
>
> -Phil/CERisE

You can do that without changing grimoire entirely.

Edit the DETAILS file of any given spell to the version you wish, re-cast,
then hold the spell. It will stay there until you decide to release it.

I have done this on a few packages where I wanted to be further on the
"bleeding edge" then the section guru was comfortable releasing to the
grimoire. Works in either direction.

Eric